Facets of the Nation
- The National Song of India, Vande Mataram, was composed in Sanskrit by Bankimchandra Chatterji, and was a source of inspiration to the people in their struggle for freedom. It has an equal status with Jana-gana-mana. The first political occasion when it was sung, was the 1896 session of the Indian National Congress.
Download National Song of India (1.06 MB, 1:09 Sec.).
- A very significant facet of the nationalism of India is the cornucopia of national symbols, which present a vivid canvas of the national elements of India.
Know more about these national symbols.
- The Indian independence was certainly not attained on a silver platter by its people, but was a tale of a long and arduous struggle that bore the fruit of freedom for the Country.
Historical background of the Indian freedom struggle.
Culture & Heritage: The ancient land of India portrays a landscape of vibrant cultural heritage and spiritual mysticism, which speaks volumes for its vast display of colourful traditions and rich heritage. Know more about the culture & heritage of India.
Source: National Portal Content Management Team
- National Flag in eps format (438 KB)
- National Flag in gif format (2 KB)
- National Flag in jpeg format (4 KB)
National Anthem (Audio)
National Anthem (Video)
- National Anthem in High Quality (6.5 MB, 0:56 Sec.)
- National Anthem in Medium Quality (2.3 MB, 0:56 Sec.)
- National Anthem in Low Quality (1 MB, 0:56 Sec.)
National Song (Audio)
Download Badge Formats: