My India, My Pride
India is one of the oldest civilizations in the world, spanning a period of more than 4000 years, and witnessing the fusion of several customs and traditions, which are reflective of the rich culture and heritage of the Country.
The history of the nation gives a glimpse into the magnanimity of its evolution - from a Country reeling under colonialism, to one of the leading economies in the global scenario within a span of fifty years. More than anything, the nationalistic fervour of the people is the contributing force behind the culmination of such a development. This transformation of the nation instills a sense of national pride in the heart of every Indian within the Country and abroad, and this section is a modest attempt at keeping its flame alive.
Did You Know That?
Sanskrit is considered as the mother of all higher languages.
This is because it is the most precise and therefore the suitable language for computer software (a report in Forbes magazine, July 1987).
More Interesting facts about India
68th Independence Day Celebration
- Video on Demand: President's Address to the Nation on 14th Aug 2014 (External website that opens in a new window)
- Live Webcast / Video on Demand: Independence Day Celebrations at Red Fort, Delhi on 15th Aug 2014 (External website that opens in a new window)
- Awardees this Year
- President's Police Medal for Distinguished Service (79.29 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- President's Police Medal for Gallantry and Police Medal for Gallantry (21.5 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- Police Medal for Meritorious Service (19.16 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- Correctional Services Medal (17 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- Force wise/State wise Medal Awardees (49.6 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
- Photo Gallery
- History of Indian Tricolor
- Send Independence Day Greetings to Friends
- The Pledge of Independence
65th Republic Day Celebration
- Video on Demand: Republic Day 2014 (External website that opens in a new window)
- President's Address to the Nation on the eve of 65th Republic Day (External website that opens in a new window)
- Photos: Republic Day Parade Glimpses 2014
- Journey of Indian Republic
- Republic Day Celebrations
- History of Indian Tricolor
- Send Republic Day Greetings to Friends
- Poems on India
- Republic Day Celebrations & images from the past
Facets of the Nation
- The Code of Conduct of the Indian National Flag, which has been dubbed as Flag Code of India, 2002 (File referring to external site opens in a new window) is an attempt to bring together laws, conventions, practices, and instructions for the guidance and benefit of everyone concerned.
Download National Flag of India (gif - 2 KB).
- The song Jana-gana-mana, composed originally in Bengali by
Rabindranath Tagore, was adopted in its Hindi version by the
Constituent Assembly as the National Anthem of India on 24 January
1950. It was first sung on 27 December 1911 at the Calcutta Session
of the Indian National Congress.
Download Audio - National Anthem of India (871 KB, 0:52 Sec.)
Source: National Portal Content Management Team
My India My Pride Badge
- Badge in .jpg (6 KB)
- Badge in .ai (198 KB)
- Badge in .eps (559 KB)
- Badge in .tif (439 KB)
- Badge in .pdf (50 KB) (Opens in a new window)
- Badge in .png (9 KB)
- National Flag in eps format (438 KB)
- National Flag in gif format (2 KB)
- National Flag in jpeg format (4 KB)
National Anthem (Audio)
National Anthem (Video)
- National Anthem in High Quality Video (6.5 MB, 0:56 Sec.)
- National Anthem in Medium Quality Video (2.3 MB, 0:56 Sec.)
- National Anthem in Low Quality Video (1 MB, 0:56 Sec.)